Indian Railway Network SHP

VAIBHAV PURI

Jan 12, 2022, 6:31:33 PM1/12/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am looking for a shapefile for the Indian Railway network, especially latest and if possible for a historical time period. How and where to access?

Regards,
Vaibhav

Parvej

Jan 12, 2022, 11:20:34 PM1/12/22
to data...@googlegroups.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

rituparna das

Jan 21, 2022, 7:31:29 PM1/21/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
A network os map is already available in datameet's GITHUB account. It was last modified in 2016.
https://github.com/datameet/railways

One may need to verify again. What I am aware of, is that it also includes the metro rail and tram routes of Kolkata(since I used the data set for the particular region). The attribute table might help in this regard.

Arun Ganesh

Jan 22, 2022, 11:06:09 PM1/22/22
to datameet
The Indian railway+metro network has been mapped on OpenStreetMap relatively well: Preview Map

Unfortunately getting the railway data for India from OSM might involve a few steps since geofabrik stopped providing the convenient India extracts in a shapefile format https://download.geofabrik.de/asia/india.html

You will need to download the latest https://download.geofabrik.de/asia/india-latest.osm.pbf and extract it using QGIS3 or with the command line with https://gdal.org/download.html

VAIBHAV PURI

Jan 31, 2022, 6:36:12 PM1/31/22
to data...@googlegroups.com

Mehraj

Jan 31, 2022, 6:36:20 PM1/31/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone, I am final year student of m.tech in remote sensing. I am looking for India's forest boundary shapefile. Please help me with this.

akula.g...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2022, 1:30:58 PM2/27/22
to datameet
Hi all,
I think indian railway geojson will be find here

Disha Mehta

Feb 28, 2022, 3:43:05 PM2/28/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

I am looking for an updated shapefile for the rivers of Gujarat. How and where to access?

Regards,
Disha