Classification of the district into containment zones

Thejesh GN

May 1, 2020, 5:24:45 AM5/1/20
to datameet
Team,
We have every district mapped to one containment zone -Red, Orange or Green. This will be used from May 3rd for governance.

PDF is quite clean and can be converted easily into the sheet. Can someone work on converting it and send me a PR or xls?

We need to validate the district names so they match the official name. That way it can be mapped easily. Guneet has standardized district names here. https://fieldmaps.in/covid19/district-names.html we can use that.

So basically we will have three columns in the final sheet
- standardized state name
- standardized district name
- zone

BTW, Number of districts per zone
Red Zone 130
Orange Zone 284
Green Zone- 319

Regards
Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Sajjad Anwar

May 1, 2020, 6:53:07 AM5/1/20
to datameet
PR for CSV https://github.com/datameet/covid19/pull/11
Haven't looked at the district names matching yet.

Sajjad

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Thejesh GN

May 1, 2020, 7:29:57 AM5/1/20
to datameet
Merged, Thank you.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

shane johnson

May 5, 2020, 7:44:20 AM5/5/20
to datameet

Thejesh GN

May 5, 2020, 9:04:16 AM5/5/20
to datameet

Thejesh GN ⏚ ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com
--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Suhair Killiyath

May 6, 2020, 3:02:07 AM5/6/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Also, can we assign census codes for districts so that the data can be easily migrated to other datasets?

--
Best,
KK

Hemant Desai

May 6, 2020, 4:00:37 AM5/6/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
"raw" button just above the data.

rgds.

Sridhar

May 6, 2020, 6:52:11 AM5/6/20
to datameet
Is this list released on a day-to-day basis or any other periodic (once in a week etc.) basis?

Suhair Killiyath

May 6, 2020, 8:49:55 AM5/6/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hemant!

Can we club these districts with shrug or census codes?

Arun Ganesh

May 6, 2020, 12:51:43 PM5/6/20
to datameet
On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 8:49 AM Suhair Killiyath <suhairk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Hemant!

Can we club these districts with shrug or census codes?

The official coding scheme in use now by the government is the LGD codes https://lgdirectory.gov.in

Sridhar

May 6, 2020, 1:50:14 PM5/6/20
to datameet
There is no mention of lgd codes in the pdf report https://github.com/datameet/covid19/blob/master/downloads/misc-docs-backup/2020-04-30-district-containment-zones.pdf .
Sr. No is not matching to the lgd codes. For Adilabad, Sr. No is 592, lgd code for Adilabad is 501.

Arun Ganesh

May 6, 2020, 2:18:21 PM5/6/20
to datameet
On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 1:50 PM Sridhar <sri....@gmail.com> wrote:
There is no mention of lgd codes in the pdf report https://github.com/datameet/covid19/blob/master/downloads/misc-docs-backup/2020-04-30-district-containment-zones.pdf .
Sr. No is not matching to the lgd codes. For Adilabad, Sr. No is 592, lgd code for Adilabad is 501.

Unfortunately looks like the sr. no in the pdf is quite arbitrary and doesnt line up with any codes

Arun Ganesh

May 6, 2020, 3:26:35 PM5/6/20
to datameet
Here's the mapping of the containment CSV data to the LGD and census codes: https://observablehq.com/d/8a3cacb7ce2cfd8f

You can download the CSV from the bottom right of the table.

Suhair Killiyath

May 7, 2020, 7:08:54 AM5/7/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello Arun

This is great! thanks!!

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 12:56 AM Arun Ganesh <arung...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's the mapping of the containment CSV data to the LGD and census codes: https://observablehq.com/d/8a3cacb7ce2cfd8f

You can download the CSV from the bottom right of the table.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Best,
KK

Sridhar

May 8, 2020, 10:26:53 AM5/8/20
to datameet
There is one discrepancy. Jhabua is mapped to Indore and Indore is mapped to Jhabua.

Arun Ganesh

May 8, 2020, 1:30:08 PM5/8/20
to datameet
On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 10:27 AM Sridhar <sri....@gmail.com> wrote:
There is one discrepancy. Jhabua is mapped to Indore and Indore is mapped to Jhabua.

Well spotted, made a mistake in manually matching them. Fixed now.