Local Government Directory, Government of India

Anand Chitipothu

Mar 28, 2020, 12:45:10 AM3/28/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does any one have a scraped the Local Government Directory from https://lgdirectory.gov.in/ ?

Anand

Goli

Mar 28, 2020, 7:14:11 AM3/28/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,
I have not scraped local government directory, but I have scraped all the panchayats(including block, district and state) from nrega.nic.in (Government MNREGA Scheme).
It that helps I can send the json to you.
--
Rajesh

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Anand Chitipothu

Mar 28, 2020, 10:02:47 AM3/28/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:44 PM Goli <tog...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Anand,
I have not scraped local government directory, but I have scraped all the panchayats(including block, district and state) from nrega.nic.in (Government MNREGA Scheme).
It that helps I can send the json to you.

Aaditya

Mar 29, 2020, 8:24:19 AM3/29/20
to datameet
Anand, not sure what you are looking for but if it's just a list of district/blocks/villages etc. then you can just download them easily from https://lgdirectory.gov.in/downloadDirectory.do Good luck!

Best,
Aaditya

Arun Ganesh

Apr 17, 2020, 2:03:12 AM4/17/20
to datameet
Was looking through the directory to get details about some new districts and eventually downloaded most of the files. Have uploaded them here: https://github.com/planemad/india-local-government-directory

This is probably the most updated official source for listing of administrative units. Its not as updated as i would have hoped though, for instance the state list is still missing the merger of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, but its likely better than anything else available online.

Deepak Sharda

Apr 17, 2020, 8:53:46 AM4/17/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
thanks i needed shape files