Income data

Thejesh GN

Jan 7, 2021, 1:38:22 AM1/7/21
to datameet
- Is there any dataset that has income data like median income by Gender in a state etc
- or median household income etc

I couldn't find it as part of census. Am I missing something here?

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Srravya C

Jan 7, 2021, 2:02:42 AM1/7/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thej,

Wondering if the data in PLFS is useful in this regard. Tables 42, 43 and 44 have some data on state-wise male and female average income.

Regards,
Srravya

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Bidhu

Jan 7, 2021, 2:07:51 AM1/7/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
You may want to check the Indian Human Development Survey for income data.

Regards
Bidhu
Population Council
B86, 2nd Floor,
Defence Colony
New Delhi, India
Tel: +91-9811137484
Email:bbmah...@popcouncil.org

pmay...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2021, 2:14:35 AM1/7/21
to datameet
Hi Thejesh,
" Per Capita Net State Domestic Product at Current Prices (2011-12 Series)  " is available in the Economic Survey (at least for 2017-18; I don't see it in this year's statistical appendix). I'm appending it here.
best wishes,
Peter

Karthik Shashidhar

Jan 7, 2021, 10:51:26 PM1/7/21
to datameet
Not sure if you can get data by gender etc. but check out the income  tax data

Gives a good idea of income distribution in the country. Just checked. This doesn't have data by state as well. But overall there is scope for interesting analysis based on this data.

On Thursday, 7 January 2021 at 12:08:22 UTC+5:30 Thejesh GN wrote:
I couldn't find it as part of census. Am I missing something here?

Not sure if census collects income or even expenditure data (expenditure is far more reliable than income). The most reliable source for expenditure date, IMHO, comes from NSSO surveys.