District-wise Employment by Sector in Censuses

David Kong

Jun 28, 2023, 7:31:41 PM6/28/23
to datameet
Hi data sleuths,

I am a masters student who is writing a thesis for the first time on the effect of trade competition on child development. From the 1991, 2001, and 2011 Censuses,  I wish to find the sectoral makeup of main and marginal workers in each district according to the 3 digit National Industrial Classification codes. The tables I have found so far provide a National Classification of Occupations instead.

Thanks for your help.

David

David Kong

Jul 10, 2023, 10:58:59 PM7/10/23
to datameet

An update:

Apparently this info is found in Table B18. However, unlike for the 1991 and 2011 censuses, the 2001 Census does not have an all India table other than for SC/ST categories.