Tool to combine panchayat level geojsons

Ashish Khan

Mar 10, 2021, 12:26:50 PM3/10/21
to datameet
My friend developed a tool to combine geojsons at panchayat level to create new custom regions in Tamil Nadu. The data for panchayats are from https://bhuvan-panchayat3.nrsc.gov.in/ and uses graphql to plot on the map. The tool is deployed here https://districtexplorer.web.app/ . It will be great if we can together work on creating the latest districts geojson (with 38 districts) for Tamil Nadu.

Arun Ganesh

Mar 13, 2021, 9:49:04 PM3/13/21
to datameet
On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 12:26 PM Ashish Khan <ash...@onemindindia.com> wrote:
My friend developed a tool to combine geojsons at panchayat level to create new custom regions in Tamil Nadu. The data for panchayats are from https://bhuvan-panchayat3.nrsc.gov.in/ and uses graphql to plot on the map. The tool is deployed here https://districtexplorer.web.app/ . It will be great if we can together work on creating the latest districts geojson (with 38 districts) for Tamil Nadu.

Sounds interesting, have been unable to make it work to see whats going on though. Looks like the bhuvan graphql queries are timing out.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Rashmi Modi

Mar 17, 2021, 6:57:04 PM3/17/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arun, i wish to be part of this, but have no idea, if you can train me i would like to contribute

thanks
rashmi

Shriji Kondan

Mar 18, 2021, 1:42:18 AM3/18/21
to datameet
I am the developer of this tool, Bhuvan panchayat has setup a CORS policy and the requests need to be bypassed, We are going to update the tool with the local data we have and soon put it on Github.

Arun Ganesh

Mar 19, 2021, 12:13:27 AM3/19/21
to datameet
Very cool Shriji. Would be very interested to play with the code in case its on github somewhere.

If its of any interest, it might be useful to integrate with the local-government-directory data that has all the boundary hierarchy lookups. Dump: https://github.com/planemad/india-local-government-directory

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 1:42 AM Shriji Kondan <shri...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am the developer of this tool, Bhuvan panchayat has setup a CORS policy and the requests need to be bypassed, We are going to update the tool with the local data we have and soon put it on Github.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Shriji Kondan

Mar 25, 2021, 4:25:34 AM3/25/21
to datameet
Bhuvan panchayat looks to be back and working the repo is here tinkermeet/tn-geo-mapper