mumbai district boundary

rvc

Jul 7, 2020, 1:27:29 PM7/7/20
to datameet
Hi all, i am looking for Mumbai district boundary vector data. Any suggestions in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks
Ravi

Akhandalamani Mohapatra

Jul 8, 2020, 10:39:57 AM7/8/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
I will be send you very soon.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Sharad Lele

Jul 8, 2020, 11:05:15 AM7/8/20
to datameet
All national, state, district, & taluka boundaries for India are available on the GADM website.
Here is the district layer (from my G-drive):

Hope this helps.
Sharad

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 8:09:57 PM UTC+5:30, Akhandalamani Mohapatra wrote:
I will be send you very soon.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:57 PM rvc <ravic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all, i am looking for Mumbai district boundary vector data. Any suggestions in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks
Ravi

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

rvc

Jul 14, 2020, 8:27:28 AM7/14/20
to datameet
Hi Sharad, thanks for sharing the district boundaries of all the states but i am particularly looking for district boundaries of Mumbai.

Hi Akhandalamani Mohapatra, awaiting your response.

Thanks
Ravi

Arun Ganesh

Jul 14, 2020, 9:50:33 AM7/14/20
to datameet
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 8:27 AM rvc <ravic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sharad, thanks for sharing the district boundaries of all the states but i am particularly looking for district boundaries of Mumbai.

Hi Akhandalamani Mohapatra, awaiting your response.

Ravi, if you check what Sharad shared, the Mumbai district boundaries are included. You might need to be more clear about what you are looking for.

dipu rai

Jul 14, 2020, 11:40:37 AM7/14/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
GADM is a great resource, but we need to be careful while using it as J&K part is not rightly represented.

--
Disclaimer:  This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately. Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way. I am not liable for any computer viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/0b330e29-991a-4c9a-9898-81bfe8b4f1c7o%40googlegroups.com.

rvc

Jul 15, 2020, 9:22:10 AM7/15/20
to datameet
Hi all, i am looking for vector file for the attached mumbai district boundary. All the responses that i have received, none has this boundary.
I request anyone who has this district boundary to share the vector version.

Thanks
Ravi

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:57:29 PM UTC+5:30, rvc wrote:
Mumbai_district_census_2011.pdf

Sharad Lele (शरच्चंद्र लेले)

Jul 15, 2020, 9:33:49 AM7/15/20
to data...@googlegroups.com, rvc

Sending just the outer boundaries of Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban district. CRS is Geographic.

Sharad

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Only Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban district boundaries.cpg
Only Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban district boundaries.dbf
Only Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban district boundaries.prj
Only Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban district boundaries.shp
Only Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban district boundaries.shx

rvc

Jul 18, 2020, 1:20:01 PM7/18/20
to datameet
Hi All,

Can anyone help me with Mumbai suburban district wise population for 2011?
There are 88 suburban districts, few of them are like:

sub-urban district (number)
malad east (63) -
jogeshwari west (57) -
madh (54) -
eksar pakhadi (60) -
aarey (59) -
versova (53) -
juhu (51) -

etc.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks
Ravi

On 15-07-2020 18:52, rvc wrote:
Hi all, i am looking for vector file for the attached mumbai district boundary. All the responses that i have received, none has this boundary.
I request anyone who has this district boundary to share the vector version.

Thanks
Ravi

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:57:29 PM UTC+5:30, rvc wrote:
Hi all, i am looking for Mumbai district boundary vector data. Any suggestions in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks
Ravi
--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Sharad Lele (शरच्चंद्र लेले)

Jul 18, 2020, 2:11:49 PM7/18/20
to data...@googlegroups.com, rvc

Here you are (but its in pdf)

As your earlier map showed, there are only 50 section.

The numbering goes from 39 to 88

The second pdf gives the names of the sections

Sharad

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/82dc5c1b-ea66-4011-ba2a-e1b1b30286f2o%40googlegroups.com.

Pages from 2722_PART_A_DCHB_MUMBAI SUBURBAN.pdf
Pages from 2722_PART_A_DCHB_MUMBAI SUBURBAN-2.pdf

Prabhakar Rajagopal

Jul 19, 2020, 8:45:03 AM7/19/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
GADM is good. They also follow some standards for the admin units.
But the GADM tehsil boundaries are different from the census tehsil boundaries. Any idea how they relate to each other?

Prabhakar