Officially Approved India Map Borders?

Curran Kelleher

Jun 16, 2020, 1:19:46 PM6/16/20
to datameet
Greetings,

I'm working on some mapping projects where the goal is to be able to publish the map legally within India. To do this, we need to use the "Gov't of India - Approved" borders for India (particularly disputed borders). The closest we've come is to use GADM India Border, but this is not officially approved by Gov't of India, and makes some comprimises around disputed borders. We have also used Natural Earth Disputed Borders as an overlay, but this is also not the ideal solution.

So, does anyone know how to find an officially approved map of India's borders? Ideally machine readable (Shapefile, GeoJSON), but alternatively as an image? A PDF? Even can you get any printed physical maps that are officially approved? I have not been able to find these maps anywhere. Many thanks in advance.

🙏

Best regards,
Curran

Primal Vincent

Jun 16, 2020, 1:26:29 PM6/16/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Curran,

This is 2019 updated map.

Included with Latest UT Ladakh & Jammu Kashmir

Hope this helps
Primal

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org