Zombie Tracker launch | 66A data platform | e-Courts

Apoorv Anand

Jan 15, 2021, 9:24:38 PM1/15/21
to datameet

Hello!

We hope you're doing well. Over the past year, IFF and CivicDataLab have been collaborating on a project called Zombie Tracker. This project platform will map all the instances in which Section 66A of the IT Act has been invoked despite being deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of India in Shreya Singhal v Union of India.

We're excited to inform you that the wait is finally over and we're launching Zombie Tracker on 15th January! To support the launch, we are hosting an event on the 15th at 4 PM to formally introduce the website to everyone. The event is aptly titled Section 66A: On the Zombie trail. We will explore the history of 66A, how it has impacted those who were unlawfully charged under it, and a conversation with experts to understand where we stand now.

Please register here for the event and we will reach out to you with further details.  See you soon!

Warm Regards,
Apoorv Anand
On behalf of Team CivicDataLab