Re: Data Scrape from website

Aravinth R

Feb 7, 2023, 4:05:09 AM2/7/23
to datameet
Hello there,
I am working on a biodiversity project displaying various locations of wildlife species spotted in India. There is a global website called the GBIF (Global Biodiversity Information Facility) which uploads known locations of various wildlife species. The problem i am finding is i could not download the data for a larger area and is restricted to one species at a time. Is it possible to scrape the data from the website? Any information would be helpful. I have shared the website link here https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/map

Regards
Aravinth R

Dilawar Singh

Feb 7, 2023, 4:16:49 AM2/7/23
to datameet, aravinthraja662891
Did you try their API https://www.gbif.org/developer/summary ?

best,
   Dilawar

---- On Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:35:09 +0530 Aravinth R <aravinthr...@gmail.com> wrote ---

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Aravinth R

Feb 7, 2023, 4:35:08 AM2/7/23
to datameet
Hi there,
Thanks for writing. I am a novice to this API and data scraping for Geospatial things. Is there any tutorials you share online that I will be able to follow through on this? Meanwhile, I will try to explore the API you have sent.

Regards
Aravinth R