Map Size Error?

Laura Hay

Nov 12, 2021, 11:49:04 AM11/12/21
to Custom Maps users
Hi. I am trying to create a map based on a PNG file that is 1MB large. When I try and load the map, I get an error that reads "The selected map could not be loaded as it was too large"
How do I fix this? My file is well under the 25MB limit that Custom maps outlines as the limit for file size. I've tried cropping the image and changing it to pdf, jpg, but no luck.

Thank you :)

Marko Teittinen

Nov 12, 2021, 12:51:43 PM11/12/21
to Laura Hay, Custom Maps users
Hi Laura,

I've received a few reports that the latest version of Custom Maps fails to load some images. Which is curious, as it relies on the Android system libraries to decode the image files. I have received a few jpg samples that fail to load for investigation, but I don't have any failing png images. And the others have reported that they manage to use the images if they convert them to pdfs first.

If the png image that is giving you trouble is not too personal and doesn't contain any sensitive information, would you mind sending it to me? It would help me troubleshoot and find what is different about the images that fail to load in Custom Maps.

Marko Teittinen
Author of Custom Maps