Custom Maps

Jan Pavelka

Mar 15, 2022, 8:39:22 PM3/15/22
to custom-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm getting bug loading any size of jpg being informed, "it was too large". Even 600 kB or so.

It worked before!

Thanks

Marko Teittinen

Mar 16, 2022, 1:54:11 AM3/16/22
to Jan Pavelka, Custom Maps users
Hey Jan,

Thanks for contacting me. The issue you are seeing is unfortunately caused by two separate bugs in the current release version of Custom Maps. The actual cause of the "image too large" message is that the image name contains spaces or special characters. The second bug causes the wrong error message being shown.

The simplest way around this bug is to rename your map image file to use only letters A-Z, a-z, digits 0-9, and underscore and dash (_ and -). Note that this issue only affects the map image file names. You can use any letters you want in the actual map names that show up on your list of maps.

Sorry about the inconvenience. This bug will be fixed in the next release.

Marko Teittinen
Author of Custom Maps