Issues with test reporting

Tomáš Drenčák

Jun 30, 2022, 9:39:37 AM6/30/22
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hey Colin,
I recently upgraded Cursive to 1.12.4 but both issues reported for 1.12.4-eap3 in this ticket https://github.com/cursive-ide/cursive/issues/2705 are still present. Any possibility to prioritize the ticket? I can provide more details if needed.

It's not a blocker per-se, but a little bit annoying to switch test runners just to see what is the actual problem...

Thank you!

Regards,
   Tomas

Colin Fleming

Aug 4, 2022, 2:19:24 AM8/4/22
to Cursive Group
Hi Tomas,

The exception in that ticket should be fixed in the latest EAP build. The incorrect line numbers is something I saw, but it seems to be the information I'm getting back from Clojure. I'll try to repro this and see if I can figure it out.

Cheers,
Colin

Joshua Eckroth

Aug 4, 2022, 7:48:52 AM8/4/22
to Cursive
I saw a mention of wrong line numbers in a dialog box in IntelliJ, perhaps related to profiling. I'm not sure if Cursive produced this mention or something else, but it said Clojure <1.10 can produce incorrect line numbers. Some feature of Cursive or IntelliJ was willing to fix that issues in order to report correct line numbers for older Clojure versions.

-josh

Colin Fleming

Aug 5, 2022, 3:33:18 AM8/5/22
to Cursive Group
Thanks Josh, that's something different. In older Clojure versions, there was no way to set the file and line metadata on forms when they're sent to the REPL, so Cursive (and some other environments) did a horrible hack involving load-file to work around that.