Cursive 1.12.4-eap2

Cursive

May 29, 2022, 11:40:32 PM5/29/22
to cur...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Cursive 1.12.4-eap2 is out. It fixes a few bugs, and also contains a small new feature, the colour gutter icons seen in other language integrations.

Here are the issues:

Added
  • Sidebar color display, like IntelliJ does for other languages #1844
Fixed
  • Exceptions are not reported correctly in 1.12.4-eap1 #2700
  • Find usages of in other modules in project #2660
  • ANSI color escapes can escape interpretation #2357

Cheers,
Colin

Pedro Boschi

May 30, 2022, 4:44:06 PM5/30/22
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin,

I've just tested the eap2 and found a bug in the Debug's "Conditional Breakpoint":  Variable names that contain dashes (e.g. "my-variable") it seems to be replacing with an underscore and returns an error saying that variable named "my_variable" could not be found.

Example break condition:
(= :something my-variable)

I have not checked if it also breaks in eap1.

Cheers,

Pedro Boschi

Engineering | Pipo Saúde

+55 11 998155344 | My profile

Tomáš Drenčák

May 30, 2022, 4:52:29 PM5/30/22
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hey Colin,
I think the issue "Exceptions are not reported correctly in 1.12.4-eap1 #2700" is not yet fixed, I've reported it to the already closed issue here https://github.com/cursive-ide/cursive/issues/2700#issuecomment-1140964807

Thanks!

Tomas

Colin Fleming

May 30, 2022, 6:14:15 PM5/30/22
to Cursive Group
Hi Pedro,

Hmm, I don't think that is a new bug since nothing in that area has changed in a long time. The debugger does have to convert dashes to underscores, since that's how the variables are represented internally. I suspect that's just being incorrectly surfaced in the error message.

In your case, where does my-variable come from? Is it a local variable, or is it closed over from an outer context?

Cheers,
Colin

Pedro Boschi

May 30, 2022, 7:57:18 PM5/30/22
to cur...@googlegroups.com
In my case the "my-variable" is a parameter name:

(defn- some-func [some-arg my-variable something-else]
  ;; ....
  (if (str/blank?some-arg)
      (do-something my-variable)  ;; conditional breakpoint was placed in this line
      (report my-variable something-else))
  ;;...
)