Cursive 1.10.2

Cursive

Apr 15, 2021, 11:21:38 PM4/15/21
to cur...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Cursive 1.10.2 is out! It’s mostly a bugfix release with some small new features.

One change here needs a little explanation. Recent versions of tools.deps (and thus the Clojure CLI tools) has switched from using JGit to shelling out to git on the command line. Since IntelliJ executes deps in-process and the IntelliJ process generally doesn’t see things like environment variables and paths as you would expect in your shell, executing git on its own may or may not work. When invoking deps, Cursive will now pass the path to the git command you have configured in the IntelliJ git support plugin. It’s good at detecting git in a lot of different locations, and of course you can also customise it there too if you need to.

This release fixes one very old bug in :require with :rename, fixes lein usage with the lein-v plugin, contains a fix to the default template for CLJS/CLJC test files and a workaround for a bug in deps. There’s also a fix to the recent change allowing structural movement in strings, allowing you to jump out using the “Move Forward Out of Sexp” and “Move Backward Out of Sexp” commands.

Since IntelliJ 2021.1 is now out, this will be the last release with support for 2020.1.

Here are the issues:

Changed
  • Update deps support to pass path to git command-line #2525
  • Make structural movement commands work better on strings #2523
Fixed
  • Deps import fails when using :default-deps #2517
  • New Clojurescript test-namespace doesn’t compile because of :refer :all #2508
  • Cursive crashes trying to open a project with a :keyword as the project.clj version #1999
  • (ns … (:require … :rename {a b}) not handled #394

Cheers,
Colin

Blake Watson

Apr 16, 2021, 1:13:44 AM4/16/21
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Colin.

I've had this problem with 1.10 which I've submitted ("java.lang.Throwable: Non-idempotent computation: it returns different results when invoked multiple times or on different threads" is the reported error) and which I didn't think much of because I figured this patch would fix it, but I just got it again after installing 1.10.2. Any thoughts? On all my projects, including a fresh "lein new app", it results in nothing being recognized:

image.png

Colin Fleming

Apr 16, 2021, 1:48:09 AM4/16/21
to Cursive Group
Hi Blake,

The non-idempotent thing is a known issue and not new with 1.10 - unfortunately it's very hard to fix, but as far as I can tell it is harmless (although annoying). Re: everything being unresolved, try this: https://cursive-ide.com/userguide/eap/troubleshooting.html#help-lots-of-symbols-don-t-resolve

Cheers,
Colin

Attachments:
  • image.png

Blake Watson

Apr 16, 2021, 1:22:52 PM4/16/21
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Aha! I went right to #5 and that fixed everything. Thanks, Colin!