"Unindexed remote maven repositories found"

stephen....@climate.com

Mar 28, 2017, 12:19:34 PM3/28/17
to Cursive
"The following repositories used in your Leiningen projects have not been indexed yet:"

Can anyone explain what this message means?  When I go to Settings ... Repositories, it shows a number of repos.  When I push "Update" most of them update, but one of them says "Error," but there is no explanation as to why there is an error.  Is there a way I can at least get an error message?

Luke Burton

Mar 28, 2017, 12:39:21 PM3/28/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com

I hit this too on one of my projects. I'm using a corporate artifactory instance for one of the repositories, and IntelliJ doesn't like it.

What repo in your case is producing the error? A public one or a private one?

On Mar 28, 2017, at 9:19 AM, stephen....@climate.com wrote:

"The following repositories used in your Leiningen projects have not been indexed yet:"

Can anyone explain what this message means?  When I go to Settings ... Repositories, it shows a number of repos.  When I push "Update" most of them update, but one of them says "Error," but there is no explanation as to why there is an error.  Is there a way I can at least get an error message?

Christopher Devine

Mar 28, 2017, 1:31:53 PM3/28/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
I get a similar error for three different repos (two private artifactory repos and a public one: http://packages.confluent.io/maven/ ).

The first two are authentication exceptions. The last is an resource not found exception.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Luke Burton <luke_...@icloud.com> wrote:

I hit this too on one of my projects. I'm using a corporate artifactory instance for one of the repositories, and IntelliJ doesn't like it.

What repo in your case is producing the error? A public one or a private one?
On Mar 28, 2017, at 9:19 AM, stephen....@climate.com wrote:

"The following repositories used in your Leiningen projects have not been indexed yet:"

Can anyone explain what this message means?  When I go to Settings ... Repositories, it shows a number of repos.  When I push "Update" most of them update, but one of them says "Error," but there is no explanation as to why there is an error.  Is there a way I can at least get an error message?

Chris Devine | Software Engineer

christopher.devine@fundingcircle.com | 415-813-5245

747 Front St, 4th Fl | San Francisco, CA 94111

Our Mission: To build a better financial world

Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Funding Circle USA.  This e-mail is meant only for the intended recipient of this transmission, and contains trade secret and strictly confidential information belonging to the sender. It is unlawful for unauthorized individuals to review, use, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone at (415) 813-5245 or by return email and promptly delete this message from your system.

Stephen Crampton

Mar 28, 2017, 1:34:32 PM3/28/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
How can I find the specific error message?

Colin Fleming

Mar 28, 2017, 6:23:52 PM3/28/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
You can see a short error message by hovering over the repo in the settings pane. If you want the full stack trace (which is usually required), you’ll need to check your log file (Help->Show log in Finder/Explorer).

Unfortunately the Maven repo indexing functionality in IntelliJ seems fairly limited - there’s no way to exclude a particular repository, or to provide credentials for one when indexing. It also doesn’t understand repos loaded via wagons (e.g. #1686). I fixed that issue by hard-coding that Cursive shouldn’t notify about S3 repos, but a more complete change would be to not show that notification for any repos which received errors when attempting to index them. This would mean that you would initially get that message, and then if creating the indexes didn’t work, you wouldn’t be warned again. I’m a bit wary of automatically swallowing errors, but I can’t see a better solution at this point. Does this sound like a reasonable solution to those who are suffering this problem?

Colin Fleming

Mar 28, 2017, 10:13:59 PM3/28/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Actually, for those of you getting authentication errors during this process, it seems that a workaround is to add the authentication credentials for your repos to ~/.m2/settings.xml, like so:

<settings>
  <servers>
     <server>
       <id>my.datomic.com</id>
       <username>cur...@cursive-ide.com</username>
       <password>ADD YOUR PASSWORD HERE</password>
     </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

The IntelliJ Maven support will pick this up and use it for the repository indexing. I’ve also filed #1695 to make the previous issue more general - comments are welcome over there.

Colin Fleming

Mar 29, 2017, 11:41:01 PM3/29/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
BTW I’m also interested in feedback on whether this works for everyone - I tried this and it seemed to for me, but it was a pretty simple test. If this does work then I’ll add it to the doc.