ORE Character Creator & Roller - live

Cgeist7

Jul 1, 2018, 1:49:42 PM7/1/18
to Cult of ORE
So, after another few tweaks, the ORE roller / creator is basic feature-complete.

https://ore-roller.herokuapp.com/

What's in:
* Create, edit & delete basic Wild Talents, Reign and Shadowrun (homebrew setting) characters
* Create Archetypes, Skills, Powers, Hyperstats, Hyperskills and accurately calculate point costs and connect to regular stats & skills.
* Roll stats, skills & qualities, calculating extras & flaws that modify die rolls (Spray, Go First)
* Create and modify custom hit locations, armour and wound boxes
* Track wounds (shock & killing) by location and Willpower for in-game support.
* Add Advantages to a Reign character.

What's out (today)
* User sign-in & portfolios
* Detailed cost breakdown
* File & image upload
* Form error checking - it will just error. Go back and fix the problem. :)
* Automatically rolling multiple actions
* Automating match results
* Super snazzy interface
* Character markdown export or character sheet
* Gear & armour
* Combat automation

If you do try it out, let me know what you think and if you find any bugs, call em out.

matt

Jul 1, 2018, 7:55:56 PM7/1/18
to Cult of ORE
Looks pretty cool.
I'll play around with it some more.

Dimitri

Jul 1, 2020, 7:38:05 AM7/1/20
to Cult of ORE
Hi Cgeist 7
Nice to finally find you, I have used the roller/creator a couple of times, but the last time I tried, they said it had some problem, and wasn't loading up. Maybe you should take a look and see what's wrong.

Cgeist7

Jul 3, 2020, 10:42:18 AM7/3/20
to Cult of ORE
Hi @Dimitry,

Nice to meet you too. I just checked the ore-roller out and it seems to be working fine to view and add new characters as well as adding powers.

If there are any specific bugs or errors, please let me know.

Cheers!

Dimitri

Jul 6, 2020, 3:18:40 PM7/6/20
to Cult of ORE
It was down for a while, but we noticed it's back up. thank you!

Dimitri

Aug 29, 2020, 11:56:56 AM8/29/20
to Cult of ORE
Hi Cgeist7
I have been using frequently recently and there are a few things that I wanted to say.
1) It's really useful. I've been using it for any character creation instead of using the official character sheet since it's a lot more useful and clear for beginners. most of all when playing online, which I've been doing a couple of times.
2)  I took a while to realise how to add expert/master dice, but now I got the hang of it. I just don't know if the fact that I have to decide which number I want defined by the special dice has to be chosen at the creation of that hyperskill is as useful as it could be, but I've been rolling outside anyway so it went well.
3) For Reign I don't see anyway to create the exoteric skills/martial paths/spells unless using the powers which were clearly made with Wild Talents in mind. Once again it wasn't that bad since I prefer to hand the players those special abilities in an extra sheet.
4) The one thing I think could be reviewed is the point-buy cost of each thing. The skills are costing 2 points instead of one. The rest seems to be right.
5) The only sad part is that it is down again xD. Is that a normal thing to happen in regular periods of time?

Thank you for your good work and if you could see how it goes back up again i would be ecstatic : )

Cgeist7

Aug 30, 2020, 1:45:18 PM8/30/20
to Cult of ORE
Glad to hear you're finding it useful. Sorry about the outage. It's running on free cloud hosting and when my apps together exceed a threshold, they shut down. I'll go through and shut a bunch of the other ones down, which should help.

Cgeist7

Aug 30, 2020, 1:50:48 PM8/30/20
to Cult of ORE
I just switched the app to paid for the rest of the month - so you should be good to go.

On the skill point costs, I thought it was 2pts per skill die... Happy to make an update if I messed that up though. (Haven't played ORE for a while).

Dimitri

Aug 31, 2020, 7:22:38 AM8/31/20
to Cult of ORE
Yeah, it's working again. Thank you.
I was also unsure if it was 1 or 2 points, but after asking around and re-reading that chapter I came across it actually being 1 point per skill die. One of those things easy to forget after a while without reading or playing.
Dimitri

The_Rook

Mar 29, 2022, 1:50:00 PM3/29/22
to Cult of ORE
Hello Cgeist7
I've been using the roller for the past few days, but right now it's giving me an "Application Error" when entering the website.