Extinction Rebellion ride, this Friday 20th afternoon supported by BikeSafe (the charity promoting the B4044 path from Botley to Eynsham).

David T.

Sep 18, 2019, 9:50:53 AM9/18/19
to CTC Witney

FYI this is a copy of a promotional email from Bike Safe.

David T.

This is a great opportunity for us all to show our concern about climate change, and the lack of effective action by Governments to prevent it, in a peaceful way.

So bring your families too – this is a ride for everyone. (lycra not needed!)

BikeSafe (the charity promoting the B4044 path from Botley to Eynsham) has been asked and has agreed to help the Oxford demo against inaction on Climate Change.

This is because one of the major benefits of the proposed B4044 path is a reduction in pollution through increased use of sustainable transport, as well as improved health, and so be a small but visible sign of local action.

Oxford Parents for the Future  FB page. and Extinction Rebellion (Oxford) : https://www.xroxford.org/   have organised bicycle rides from each side of Oxford to
gather in Radcliffe Square at 6.00pm for a rally with Extinction Rebellion.

Full details of what to expect are on this Facebook page via  https://tinyurl.com/yxujvsk5     (please copy and paste)

The ride from the West side of Oxford will be led by BikeSafe people.
Gather up to 10 minutes earlier in order to leave promptly from:
+ Eynsham, Red Lion Square 4:55pm,
+ Fogwell Road, recreation ground entrance 5:20pm,
+ Seacourt Inn pub. Botley 5:30pm,
And we plan to arrive in Radcliffe Square, Oxford  at 5:50pm for a 6pm start to the event.

Other rides will start as follows:-
South / East Oxford: Leave Sea Scouts (Meadow Lane) 5.30pm
Headington: leave Bury Knowle Park entrance 5.10pm, JR / Manor Surgery Green off Osler Road at 5.20pm, Pullens / Jack Straw Lane off Headley Way at 5.40pm.
North Oxford: leave car park / garage area behind BBC Oxford at 5.30 pm

Everyone is welcome to join in, bring bike trailers or cargo bikes to demonstrate the power of the pedal. Details on FB page.

We look forward to the ride and to seeing you at Radcliffe Square where ever you start from.
Yours sincerely
Ian Leggett Chair, BikeSafe.

PS Safety points.
+ Lights. It’s not expected to be dark by the finish, but bring front and rear lights just in case.
+ Single file & in fours. At the start you will be asked to keep in groups of 4 in single file allowing at least 2 car lengths between each group particularly on the B4044 from Eynsham
+ Hi-vis and helmets are considered good things to wear.

Keith Johnston

Sep 18, 2019, 12:33:00 PM9/18/19
to ctcw...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could join you, David.  Apologies for absence.  In France.

Keith