Book or other documentation to understand pipelines and the high level design philosphy of crypto++?

Grant Rostig

Feb 12, 2020, 5:21:31 PM2/12/20
to Crypto++ Users
Hi,  I'm very impressed with the sophisticated design and API of crypto++.  However I need more basic, overview, and fundamental documentation to understand its power.

I do clearly understand the bash shell aspect of unix/linux pipes.  I know of "tee", but this functionality of cyrpto++ looks similar, but particular interesting:
        ChannelSwitch cs;
        cs
.AddDefaultRoute(f1);
        cs
.AddDefaultRoute(f2);

I searched for books that seemed appropriate with:
source sink filter attach channel switch channelswitch programming paradigm c++ OR cpp

std::iostreams came up and I will look at my books on this topic.

A very popular library called "flume" also apparently uses at least some of these concepts and references exist for that too.

Lastly I think even standard c++ may introduce additional pipe like features in the future, but I'm not sure which proposals most closely reflect crypto++'s design and API approach.

If anyone knows of a high quality reference/tutorial that closely models the API and concepts used in crypto++, I would appreciate a link.

++Regards,
Grant