PEM_Pack: PEM_Pack load in Elgamal keys fails in validate

Gerhard Starsky Paesti

Sep 2, 2020, 8:23:03 PM9/2/20
to Crypto++ Users
Hi All,

I am testing the PEM_Pack load and save with Elgamal keys.
I tried validating randomly generated Elgamal keys before saving in PEM, however, during loading, I am having errors in validation failing. Is the PEM_Pack really not that stable for now?

Regards,
Starsky

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 3, 2020, 6:54:22 AM9/3/20
to Crypto++ Users List
I've been making some adjustments recently but it has not broken CI testing.

We are missing test cases because OpenSSL does not generate ElGamal keys.

Let me see if I can get a test case added.

Jeff

Gerhard Starsky Paesti

Sep 3, 2020, 7:26:19 AM9/3/20
to Crypto++ Users
Thanks Jeff for the response.
I am using the 8_2_0 version and not the master PEM_Pack release. The master release has build errors with current cryptopp package. One of the errors is the x509 support/modification.
With regards to the validation error I am encountering, I am creating the Elgamal private key using the PrimeGenerator, then trying to Save it to PEM then Load again, then validate. The validation is encountering error.

Regards,
Starsky