Recovering public key from hash and signature

Luca Bonaldo

Sep 19, 2021, 5:09:42 AM9/19/21
to Crypto++ Users
Hi, I was writing a library to generate a pair of keys, use the private key to sign a hash and finally verify the signature only knowing the hash and the signature.

I'm having quite a hard time doing that, in fact I searched so much just to find myself at the start point. I'll leave my code here, hope that someone can help me.

https://www.codepile.net/pile/Jx2RlQxm

Thanks alot for the support!

Jeffrey Walton

Sep 19, 2021, 3:45:26 PM9/19/21
to Crypto++ Users List
You should probably take a look at
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Main_Page. It has lots of examples.

Jeff

Luca Bonaldo

Sep 20, 2021, 7:26:26 AM9/20/21
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Jeff, thank you for the kind answer. I've already looked at more or less every page in the wiki. Maybe I've missed the ones you are reffering to. Could you be so kind to link me those, please?
Again, thank you so much for the support and it's very important for me to recover the public key from only the hash and the signature.
Regards, Luca.

Luca Bonaldo

Sep 22, 2021, 3:30:56 PM9/22/21
to Crypto++ Users
Hi Jeff, I apologize for my insistance but I do really need support. I'm writing this code for an important project and I cannot wrap my head around a solution. If I'm not asking for too much, could you please guide me to the correct wiki's pages or help me writing a pseudo code to achieve my goal? Thank you so much!

Uri Blumenthal

Sep 22, 2021, 6:38:06 PM9/22/21
to cryptop...@googlegroups.com
It should be obvious, but you cannot verify (as in "technically impossible") a digital signature without having public key of the signer.

It is not recommended to re-invent the basic digital signature algorithms or implementations.