How do you use Crypto++ for public key encryption using RSA?

David F.

Jun 2, 2021, 12:18:39 AM6/2/21
to Crypto++ Users
I wanted to have an application on two Windows systems communicate with each other using public key encryption (PKE).

That is:

  • App1 is on Machine A and App2 is on Machine B,
  • App1 generates a private/public key and sends its public key over to App2,
  • App2 generates a private/public key and sends its public key over to App1,
  • App1 encrypts some data using the its private key and the App2 public key,
  • Upon receipt of the data, App2 decrypts the data using its private key and the App1 public key.

That's all that is needed. There is no need to store it in a file. Everything is kept in a buffer and only memory buffers would be encrypted, sent across the wire on a private network, decrypted. Note that the sending of the data system to system is already in place, I'm just looking for encrypting / decrypting portion.

The question is:

How is that type of public key encryption/decryption done using Crypto++ (or built in to Win32 API)?

Thanks.

Jeffrey Walton

Jun 2, 2021, 5:11:54 AM6/2/21
to Crypto++ Users
On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 12:18:39 AM UTC-4 df7...@gmail.com wrote:
I wanted to have an application on two Windows systems communicate with each other using public key encryption (PKE).

The question is:

How is that type of public key encryption/decryption done using Crypto++ (or built in to Win32 API)?

David F.

Jun 12, 2021, 12:10:51 AM6/12/21
to Crypto++ Users
Thanks, is there any doc the elaborates a little more on what is what for each step.  Generate keys, send this one over to other side, once a side has both keys, do this ?