The moon

Kevin Phillips

Jul 30, 2021, 10:38:25 AM7/30/21
to CAS Forum

Whilst up at the observatory, seem that my whole set sank into the ground thus throwing the scope out of alignment by 2am I decided to capture the moon instead.
Using my new ZWOASI294 on the Celestron 900mm ed. The moon was just one quick snap shot using sharpcap.
Image

Image

Get Outlook for Android

Robert Chandler

Jul 30, 2021, 4:49:40 PM7/30/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Very nice Kevin. Glad that you are feeling better now.
Bob

Sep 26, 2021, 12:08:19 PM9/26/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Well done, one of your better ones. The night wasn't totally wasted then, but we now have tripod anti-vibration and anti-slip feet for when the ground is wet and soft.
A quick bit of arithmetic shows that, if there is no atmosphere, the detail that can be seen of the Moon with your telescope and camera is 1.2 miles or 1.95 kilometres per pixel. Not going to be achieved this time as a single shot and the Moon was a bit low.

I've had a go myself on the image you supplied; I'll pick up your original and have a try on that some time.
William

=Moon_2021-09-29_014_KevinP_M.jpg (390K)=

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 at 21:49, Robert Chandler <rob...@appendixb.co.uk> wrote:
Very nice Kevin. Glad that you are feeling better now.
Bob

[] []
Moon_2021-09-29_014_KevinP_M.jpg