Venus

Martin Gaiger

Nov 16, 2021, 3:52:23 PM11/16/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Good evening all,

This image of Venus was taken from the balcony of our holiday hotel in Maspalomas Gran Canarias, 27 Degrees 45' 5" North. 15 Degrees 35' 49". 13th November at 21:18 U.T.

However, I took another one of Venus and the Moon on the 8th November at 19:00 U.T. on my mobile phone. But I had forgotten to put the small chip in place and the image went straight onto my Sim, it is not one these modern smart phones (Doro1370) how can I transfer the image from the phone to my laptop.

              Inline image     Martin

William Bottaci

Nov 16, 2021, 4:14:34 PM11/16/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin, a nice photo, with envious backdrop and sky colour.

One way to transfer files from the mobile to a computer would be to connect them via a cable, but you'll need to see if it came with one or if indeed there's a socket for one at all.
I don't think these handsets have Wi-Fi or even internet connection, else I would suggest emailing the image from the mobile.
Perhaps in the settings you can transfer files from one storage medium to another. This is easy with Smartphones, but I'm not sure yours is one, but look for 'Storage...'
Else in the app that displays the image there may be a 'Share' option, but again if it's not a Smartphone then that is unlikely.
Let me know how you get on, and if no good I could look further.

Thanks for sharing, William
Martin

Martin Gaiger

Nov 16, 2021, 4:20:41 PM11/16/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks William, I will give that a try.

Martin.

.

JR

Nov 16, 2021, 4:40:09 PM11/16/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Martin

That's an envy making photo to be sure.  Wish I was there!

It might be possible to send a Multi media message from your phone, akin to a SMS.  Is there a messaging app?  Create a new message.  See if MMS is an option where you can select and attach an image.  Search for your image on your phone and attach.  A recipient with a smartphone may be able to save it and then share via email or some other app eg Whatsapp.

James

Sent from my iPad

William Bottaci

Nov 16, 2021, 4:53:40 PM11/16/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Good idea James.
Martin, not all people will have this option in their price plan, and if it's an option then I don't know if it's inclusive in the plan, already paid for, or you pay each time it's used, and it may come to a fair amount per use. In addition given that you're abroad it may cost quite a bit more on top.
Sorry to blight James' otherwise good idea :}.
William

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 21:20, 'Martin Gaiger' via croydonastro <croydo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thanks William, I will give that a try.
Martin

2021-11-16

Hello Martin, a nice photo, with envious backdrop and sky colour.

One way to transfer files from the mobile to a computer would be to connect them via a cable, but you'll need too see if it came with one or if indeed there's a socket for one at all.

I don't think these handsets have Wi-Fi or even internet connection, else I would suggest emailing the image from the mobile.
Perhaps in the settings you can transfer files from one storage medium to another. This is easy with Smartphones, but I'm not sure yours is one, but look for 'Storage...'
Else in the app that displays the image there may be a 'Share' option, but again if it's not a Smartphone then that is unlikely.
Let me know how you get on, and if no good I could look further.

Thanks for sharing, William

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 20:52, 'Martin Gaiger' via croydonastro <croydo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Martin

anna groom