External Dynamic AUTH with LDAP

artyom....@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2016, 10:41:20 AM9/19/16
to Crossbar
Hi,

So i was looking at getting the authentication working with an internal company LDAP, has anyone had any experience with getting this to work? The idea was to pass the username and password to the backend dynamic authentication of crossbar and see if you can bind on the LDAP with that. This is only possible with the ticket based auth as far as I understand, which is I guess not meant for something like thus.

I am wondering, what is a good approach for this.

Thanks.

Tobias Oberstein

Sep 20, 2016, 3:34:33 AM9/20/16
to cross...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

the ticket based auth can be used for this. It is by design the most simple, direct method of auth, using plain auth id / secret. Should be straight forward to write a dyn./custom atuhenticator that talks to your LDAP. You MUST use TLS on the client side (WrbSocket/WAMP), as the password is sent unencrypted.

Cheers,
/Tobias

Sent from Mobile (Google Nexus 5)

artyom....@gmail.com

artyom....@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2016, 5:31:31 AM9/20/16
to Crossbar
Only problem is how to implement session persistence. To relog with autboahn I need both the ticket and userid. So I guess I would need to roll a createToken endpoint, which does the actual LDAP login and returns a token I can store in the browser localstorage. Or is there a nice way to persist the session?

David Ford

Nov 3, 2016, 12:10:54 AM11/3/16
to Crossbar
how long do you need session persistence? the built in cookie authentication has a hardwired timeout (edit your installed crossbar code to change) that works perfectly -- that is, i use LDAP based system auth combined with cookie session auth and it works good.