the IoT Cookbook (revamped)

Tobias Oberstein

Aug 9, 2015, 6:36:13 PM8/9/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com, cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we're happy to release the completely revamped the IoT Cookbook
http://crossbar.io/iotcookbook/

The Arduino Yun material http://crossbar.io/iotcookbook/Arduino-Yun/ is
greatly extended, and we now provide a precreated image for direct use
with an SD card on the Yun to get you started with Autobahn with Python
and JavaScript - all on the Yun!

Also, we now have material for 4 devices: Pi, Yun, Tessel - and the
Intel Edison.

Feedback (or contributions) would be highly welcome!

Cheers,
/Tobias

Ariangelo Hauer Dias

Aug 29, 2015, 6:24:18 PM8/29/15
to Crossbar, autob...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tobias

Please, could you inform if it is possible to run crossbar directly from Arduino YUN. I've tried to install crossbar, but unfortunatelly I ever receive the error 9 when it run.

Cheers
Ariangelo

Alexander Gödde

Sep 5, 2015, 5:19:56 AM9/5/15
to Crossbar, autob...@googlegroups.com
HI Ariangelo!

Running Crossbar.io on the Yun should work in principle, but we haven't tested it. For running Crossbar.io, our focus regarding micro-controllers is on the Raspberry Pi (which is cheaper than the Yun, has more resources, and for running Crossbar.io you don't need a MCU part).

Regards,

Alex

Priyank Kumar

Sep 25, 2015, 12:19:40 PM9/25/15
to Crossbar, autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander

Since WAMP application can be C or C++, I was thinking can we try to have some codebase to run an example WAMP client on cortex M4 MCU which connects to crossbar running on AWS linux instance.
looking at the code I think
a) We need to port the boost libraries, which I think are already supported
b) then we need to crosscompile WAMP C++
c) and then finally have a sample code running on MCU, with tinyIP on MCU to support TCP connection.

I know its kind of complex, but that is ideal for WAMP to proliferate in many native devices and MCU and have real good working example.
I have seen AMR mbed has already done in websocket example and this is where I thing WAMP can excel.

I have the HW that I can try, just looking for some help.
Priyank

Tobias Oberstein

Oct 15, 2015, 3:33:55 PM10/15/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com, autob...@googlegroups.com
Priyank,

Am 25.09.2015 um 18:19 schrieb Priyank Kumar:
> Hi Alexander
>
> Since WAMP application can be C or C++, I was thinking can we try to
> have some codebase to run an example WAMP client on cortex M4 MCU which
> connects to crossbar running on AWS linux instance.

Yes, that is the right approach.

Run a WAMP client on the device, but Crossbar.io off the device.

> looking at the code I think
> a) We need to port the boost libraries, which I think are already supported
> b) then we need to crosscompile WAMP C++
> c) and then finally have a sample code running on MCU, with tinyIP on
> MCU to support TCP connection.

Porting AutobahnCpp to an MCU is certainly possible, but will be a
little challenge.

Sadly, I haven't had time to write a AutobahnC yet.

I think this is one of the most urgent, missing pieces in the WAMP
ecosystem.

I did sketch out something (still WAMP1) here

https://github.com/crossbario/autobahn-c/blob/master/autobahn.h

> I know its kind of complex, but that is ideal for WAMP to proliferate in
> many native devices and MCU and have real good working example.

I agree. Going down to small devices is important. Note, it won't go
down to very tiny devices. It needs at least TCP to work on it's own.

> I have seen AMR mbed has already done in websocket example and this is
> where I thing WAMP can excel.
>
> https://developer.mbed.org/cookbook/Websockets-Server
>
> I have the HW that I can try, just looking for some help.

I would need to know more about the specific device to give hints. And
more about "tinyIP" and it's API.