howto to disable autobahn preformated print

ninou

May 5, 2018, 3:10:13 AM5/5/18
to cross...@googlegroups.com
hi

i want to use progressbar2 inside an autobahn/twisted application which
runs in a bash terminal.

but i doesnot work, i think it's due to the autobahn preformated print.

so how can i disable all this, in order to use any display shell library ?

thanks

ninou

Adam Jorgensen

May 6, 2018, 5:57:26 AM5/6/18
to Crossbar
Can you give more information on what you're trying to do?

Autobahn and Crossbar use txaio which provides a logging solution that is compatible with both twisted and asyncio so I think you would need to look at txaio and maybe fork progressbar2 to make it compatible...

ninou

May 8, 2018, 1:51:13 AM5/8/18
to cross...@googlegroups.com

i just want to code a little application which call a registered function, and prints a progressbar according a plublished "progress...." event

Adam Jorgensen

May 9, 2018, 3:35:40 AM5/9/18
to Crossbar
Well, like I said, autobahn and crossbar use txaio for logging which is cross-compatible with Twisted and asyncio.

The documentation at https://progressbar-2.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#progressbars-with-logging implies that progressbar2 can be made to work with logging but there's no mention of asyncio or twisted compatibility or lack thereof.

Can you show a sample of your code?

ninou

May 11, 2018, 2:13:38 AM5/11/18
to cross...@googlegroups.com
thanks adam,

but i do not want to log, i just want to print something on the terminal with my own format ( a progress bar, ....).

may be a solution is to force txaio to stop logging in order retake control on stdout, stderr