Database Demo?

lon...@outstep.com

Jul 7, 2016, 7:09:38 PM7/7/16
to Crossbar
Greetings All,

Now that I have been able to play a bit with some of the Crossbar demo's and read over a some of the documentation (although I still have a lot more to read), I saw that there was some information on using PostgreSQL with Crossbar

I was wondering if there was a demo to show off a little bit about the database interfacing.

Actually, I would be very interested to see if there is any way to, maybe, add a database event to the spreadsheet demo

such that if some data was changed in the database then that would be reflected on the spreadsheet, just for an idea perhaps.

In any case, if anyone has any information in this area then I would greatly appreciate discussing it more with you.

Cheers and have a great night,
Lonnie

David Ford

Jul 12, 2016, 5:39:13 PM7/12/16
to cross...@googlegroups.com
it's not really a demo, but you can take a look at ButterflyDNS on github, i use postgresql as the backend

Gay/FireRescue/Geek in 33484, USA
It's the ideals of Linux and Open Source that are amazing, it embodies what WE want, not what is marketed

Lonnie Cumberland

Jul 13, 2016, 8:40:13 AM7/13/16
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me and I'll look more into ButterflyDNS to see if I can get a better feel for how Crossbar and Postgresql can work together. I was also considering the possible use of RethinkDB as a possible backend as well for the project, but would have to see how Crossbar could be integrated with that as well.

Still analyzing possibilities on the project details, but I am sure that I want to use Crossbar if it can scale well and be stable for production also.

May have to look into contracting some developers with Crossbar specific skills to get it all to work out, though.

Thanks again,
Lonnie