maximum concurrent connections

alls...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2015, 10:16:52 AM6/6/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any benchmark about how many concurrent connections that crossbar can handle? Assume there is no many activities for every connection. So, it's more about how crossbar deal with c10k problem well.

Thanks
Mike

Tobias Oberstein

Jun 6, 2015, 10:43:01 AM6/6/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Am 06.06.2015 um 16:16 schrieb alls...@gmail.com:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any benchmark about how many concurrent connections that
> crossbar can handle? Assume there is no many activities for every

We have tested Crossbar.io on a single core VM with 4GB RAM with 180.000
concurrently active connections.

To the lower end, we've tested Crossbar.io on a RaspberryPi 1B (512MB
RAM) with 6.000 concurrently active connections.

> connection. So, it's more about how crossbar deal with c10k problem well.

We are tackling the c1m problem. c10k was yesterday. Note that keeping
1M connections open isn't the real issue (given using modern
technology), but the real deal is doing massive amounts of messaging
over those connections with consistently low latency.

Cheers,
/Tobias

> Thanks
> Mike

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crossbario/81412023-83cc-4459-9ddb-f6c74111beb4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crossbario/81412023-83cc-4459-9ddb-f6c74111beb4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Alexander Gödde

Jun 6, 2015, 10:43:04 AM6/6/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com, alls...@gmail.com
Hi Mike!

We're currently working on extending our test infrastructure and coverage, and should have updated benchmarks shortly. In an older benchmark we ran in a Virtual machine running on an older i5 notebook, 180k concurrent connections did not pose a problem. So C10k is not a problem with Crossbar.io.

Regards,

Alex

alls...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2015, 10:53:05 AM6/6/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
sounds great!

在 2015年6月6日星期六 UTC+8下午10:43:01,Tobias Oberstein写道: