Reduce memory footprint

Björn Schrader

Mar 14, 2016, 5:47:19 AM3/14/16
to Crossbar
Hello,
is there any way to reduce the memory footprint of crossbar.io?
I get 40MB used by the controller and worker process each.

Tobias Oberstein

Mar 14, 2016, 9:20:19 AM3/14/16
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.03.2016 um 10:47 schrieb Björn Schrader:
> Hello,
> is there any way to reduce the memory footprint of crossbar.io?

Not really. And there is no point IMO. Eg Crossbar.io will run perfectly
on say full Linux 256MB+ RAM devices. It needs a full blow Linux - which
itself can't go to say 1MB RAM or even MCU like RAM capacity like 8-128kB.

So Crossbar.io is limited downwards by a RAM amount essentially on the
same order as the lower limit for Linux itself.

> I get 40MB used by the controller and worker process each.

Have you accounted for shared libraries eh?

"Measuring" memory "consumption" under modern Linux systems is non-trivial.