Basic support for event history

Tobias Oberstein

Nov 11, 2015, 9:46:32 PM11/11/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com, Autobahn
Hi,

in a customer application, we now had the need for retrieving history of
sensor event streams - in a simple and light-weight way.

As we had this idea floating around for some time for WAMP in general,
and Crossbar.io in partricular, I took the chance to actually write some
code;)

So here yoou are: trunk now has basic support for event history.

Here is a complete example and description

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarexamples/tree/master/event-history

Please try it out and let me know what you think! Any feedback welcome.

Cheers,
/Tobias

Tim Keeler

Nov 23, 2015, 4:51:04 PM11/23/15
to Crossbar, autob...@googlegroups.com
in a customer application, we now had the need for retrieving history of
sensor event streams - in a simple and light-weight way.

This is nice - will this allow my clients to fetch missed messages/events when it connects after being offline? Or is 'message persistence'  something that is coming later? (If later, do you have an approx eta?)

Thanks!

Alexander Gödde

Nov 24, 2015, 7:46:12 AM11/24/15
to Crossbar, autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim!

With the event history feature your clients can fetch missed events if message persistence is configured for the respective topic.

Regards,

Alex

Johnny W. Santos

Nov 24, 2015, 9:10:53 AM11/24/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Great it's way better then the solution I've been using.

Johnny W. dos Santos

Tobias Oberstein

Dec 4, 2015, 6:38:22 AM12/4/15
to Crossbar, autob...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it will allow a reconnecting client to catch up on missed events.

However, if you restart Crossbar.io, the history is lost.

We'll add _persistent_ message history later. When that is done, the history will survive restarts of Crossbar.io itself also.