Crossbar scaling ...

Gareth Bult

Aug 10, 2015, 12:22:22 PM8/10/15
to Crossbar
Hi Guys, sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but it's something that was specified on the roadmap that now appears not to be ..

I'm interested in starting on a project which will need many geographically diverse Crossbar instances, and I understand from the roadmap the ability to route messages between connected Corssbar servers was something that was on the roadmap last time I looked (and slated for September?).

Did this feature make it in already?

If not, anyone any ideas when it might appear .. just as a rough guess??

tia
Gareth.

Alexander Gödde

Aug 14, 2015, 6:56:57 AM8/14/15
to Crossbar
Hi Gareth!

Federation is still on the roadmap, and we're actively developing for the set of multi-node features. Unfortunately I can't give you a specific timeline for this (though it will appear later than September, I'm afraid).

Regards,

Alex

Gareth Bult

Aug 16, 2015, 10:14:53 AM8/16/15
to Crossbar
Hi Alex,

Ok, tvm .. if you get to the point where you need testers, please let me know!  :)

In the meantime, any plans for http2 ??

(I notice patches are out for both nginx and apache ...)

Tobias Oberstein

Aug 16, 2015, 10:20:16 AM8/16/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gareth,

Am 16.08.2015 um 16:14 schrieb Gareth Bult:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Ok, tvm .. if you get to the point where you need testers, please let me
> know! :)

Will do, thanks!

> In the meantime, any plans for http2 ??

No, no plans currently to specify this in the WAMP spec and no plans to
implement HTTP2 in Autobahn.

We could certainly define a WAMP-over-HTTP2 transport, but HTTP2 as a
WAMP transport is inferior to WebSocket (e.g. browser support, no
payload compression etc).

Cheers,
/Tobias

> (I notice patches are out for both nginx and apache ...)
>
> On Friday, 14 August 2015 11:56:57 UTC+1, Alexander Gödde wrote:
>
> Hi Gareth!
>
> Federation is still on the roadmap, and we're actively developing
> for the set of multi-node features. Unfortunately I can't give you a
> specific timeline for this (though it will appear later than
> September, I'm afraid).
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex
>

> Am Montag, 10. August 2015 18:22:22 UTC+2 schrieb Gareth Bult:
>
> Hi Guys, sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but it's something
> that was specified on the roadmap that now appears not to be ..
>
> I'm interested in starting on a project which will need many
> geographically diverse Crossbar instances, and I understand from
> the roadmap the ability to route messages between connected
> Corssbar servers was something that was on the roadmap last time
> I looked (and slated for September?).
>
> Did this feature make it in already?
>
> If not, anyone any ideas when it might appear .. just as a rough
> guess??
>
> tia
> Gareth.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crossbario/1f598ae4-f978-4b57-8acf-db836ad6956c%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crossbario/1f598ae4-f978-4b57-8acf-db836ad6956c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Gareth Bult

Aug 17, 2015, 2:19:35 PM8/17/15
to Crossbar
Hi,

At the moment I'm serving a login page via HTTP/80 using Xbar+Flask, then authenticating with XBar, then delivering everything else bar images via XBar.
(but I'm still using HTTP for image)

I was idly wondering if HTTP2 was on the cards for the initial pre-upgrade phase, or indeed for static content in general (images etc ..)

?

Regards,
Gareth.

Alexander Gödde

Sep 5, 2015, 5:05:39 AM9/5/15
to Crossbar
Hi Gareth!

Sorry for the late reply.

At the moment there are no plans to support HTTP2. This may, of course, change at some time in the future.

Regards,

Alex