pycharm and guest worker errors

Alan Yorinks

Mar 9, 2015, 11:21:40 AM3/9/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
I have created a very simple guest worker that launches and runs correctly from a console command line. If I try running the same code within Pycharm, imports are not found.
I am running pypy in a virtual environment. If instead of using a guest, I use a native container,  Pycharm has no problems in importing.

It is currently complaining about not finding zope from

Here is the guest portion of my config file:

{
"type": "guest",
"executable": "pypy",
"arguments": ["test_guest.py"],
"options": {
"env": {
"inherit":["PYTHONPATH"]
},
"workdir": "../test_guest",
"watch": {
"directories": ["../test_guest"],
"action": "restart"
}
}
}

Any ideas on how to correct the problem? I have set PYTHONPATH in Pycharm and have set the virtual environment correctly in Pycharm as well.

Alan Yorinks

Mar 9, 2015, 12:20:00 PM3/9/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
I now believe that the problem is not within crossbar, but pycharm itself. I submitted a bug report and if it gets resolved, i will post the resolution.

Tobias Oberstein

Mar 15, 2015, 8:43:16 AM3/15/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

sorry, I have no clue. What happens if you set the PYTHONPATH explicitly in the container/guest configuration (not inheriting the env var)?

/Tobias

Alan Yorinks

Mar 16, 2015, 9:03:35 AM3/16/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,
    Thanks for the reply. Setting PYTHONPATH did not change the behavior. I am currently working with the PyCharm folks and when a resolution is found, I will post it here.

Alan

Dave Thomas

Apr 24, 2015, 3:55:48 PM4/24/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried right clicking on the directory in PyCharm and (at bottom of context menu) Mark directory as --> Sources root?

Alan Yorinks

Apr 24, 2015, 4:21:14 PM4/24/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Yes, and the PyCharm folks have never found a solution.