File transfer via serial on Cromix?

Richard Deane

Jun 13, 2021, 6:55:59 AM6/13/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com

What is the best  file transfer serial package for cromix z80?

I need to transfer files over serial link, such as by xmodem or kermit

Richard

cro memcos

Jun 13, 2021, 12:08:20 PM6/13/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com
Richard,

On a real (not emulated) system I had spent many hundreds  (or even thousand) hours transferring files via the PCCOM emulator and the companion pckt.com and pckt.bin program that sits on the cromemco system.  It works well and even better if you use an Octart as a dedicated serial line  (not tuart).

image.png

This was recently published and mentions pccom  https://smpl.fyi/2021/05/cromemco-transfer-mechanisms/

regards m

Roger Hanscom

Jun 13, 2021, 1:43:54 PM6/13/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 9:08 AM cro memcos <crom...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On a real (not emulated) system I had spent many hundreds  (or even thousand) hours transferring files via the PCCOM
>> emulator and the companion pckt.com and pckt.bin program that sits on the cromemco system.

Great!  BUT, where is it possible to get a copy of PCCOM, and also the Cromemco part(?) pckt.com???

>> It works well and even better if you use an Octart as a dedicated serial line  (not tuart).

Why not a TUART??  I don't have an OCTART.  My TUARTs seem quite capable and fast.

Roger

Richard Deane

Jun 13, 2021, 2:07:21 PM6/13/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com