Re: [OHGA] Sunday: Petersons and Chehalem

Bob Horning

Nov 27, 2021, 11:30:07 PM11/27/21
to rick...@gmail.com, Mark, Jason Post, Cascade Paragliding Club, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
Around 11 AM to noon cloud base rises quite a bit, temp goes up a bit too, wind looks decent, so yes, I will be at Chehalem right around 11 AM to look!
Thanks,
Bob Horning
503-319-2007

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [OHGA] Sunday: Petersons and Chehalem

Chehalem launch often socked in until noon during autumn ,  temperature and dew point are within 1 to 3 degrees of each other tomorrow which means launch will be socked in until after 1pm (or later).... However, l  like Chehalem  windspeed and direction so I'll try my luck to see if I can get a launch window at Chehalem tomorrow if Bob or anyone going.  Let's make final decision in the morning.

Bingen and Yaquina Head south side also looks good too but l don't think anyone feel like hike and fly since there are more flying sites options for tomorrow.

Chehalem Dew Point from Accuweather look better than NOAA

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.3003&lon=-122.9756&lg=english&&FcstType=digital

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 6:16 PM, Bob Horning
Because Chehalem is on the way to Petersons for me, I am going to stoop there at about 11 AM first and if it looks good go there. If not will head to Petersons.