Chehalem 04-05-2021 - Flight Report

Serge Romano

Apr 6, 2021, 10:49:38 AM4/6/21
to CPC List
It was a good one and better than forecasted with some interesting aerology and a shear layer at around 2500 feet.  Flight started with a very low save thanks to the winery house thermal and ended after  1:15  and a 16km XC flight.  Not big by any paragliding standards but definitely one of the best days Borce and I had there at Chehalem.  Borce made it to cloud base at about 5,400 feet and we both pushed South West and landed between Lafayette and McMinnville thanks to a couple of  nice thermals.   Flight replay available here:

Laren Hale

Apr 6, 2021, 11:03:03 AM4/6/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Very impressive flight.  Loved the replay

Michael Cook

Apr 6, 2021, 11:21:42 AM4/6/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Nice! I was watching you guys on XC Find. Love it.

Mark Sanzone

Apr 6, 2021, 11:45:23 AM4/6/21
to serge.m...@gmail.com, CPC List
Awesome!
Mark

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 6, 2021, at 7:49 AM, Serge Romano <serge.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

It was a good one and better than forecasted with some interesting aerology and a shear layer at around 2500 feet.  Flight started with a very low save thanks to the winery house thermal and ended after  1:15  and a 16km XC flight.  Not big by any paragliding standards but definitely one of the best days Borce and I had there at Chehalem.  Borce made it to cloud base at about 5,400 feet and we both pushed South West and landed between Lafayette and McMinnville thanks to a couple of  nice thermals.   Flight replay available here:

Alan

Apr 6, 2021, 9:03:08 PM4/6/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club
I bet that first synchronized climb was fun. What I found really interesting was that you both found the next two climbs at about the same time but in different places. I've always pictured thermals as more alternating or random, like a multi-cylinder engine or a whack-a-mole, but I guess sometimes all the thermals in a given area release at the same time.
Alan