Installing CP2K on a cluster

Ramanish Singh

May 27, 2019, 4:35:04 PM5/27/19
to cp2k
Hello, I am trying to install CP2K on a cluster.

I downloaded the software from GitHub and after that I am executing this command:
> ./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --install-all

However, this is giving me an error message:

tar: valgrind-3.14.0/memcheck/tests/solaris/door_data.stdout.exp: Cannot open: Disk quota exceeded

tar: valgrind-3.14.0/memcheck/tests/solaris/scalar_shm_new.c: Cannot open: Disk quota exceeded

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,
Ramanish

Krack Matthias (PSI)

May 28, 2019, 4:54:06 AM5/28/19
to cp2k

Hi Ramanish

You have run out of disk space during the installation obviously, since the disk quota assigned to you is exhausted. You will either have to request an increase of your disk quota or to clean up your disk by deleting or archiving files. That’s not a cp2k specific issue.

HTH

Matthias

Ramanish Singh

May 28, 2019, 8:26:06 AM5/28/19
to cp2k
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the reply.

How much disk space is needed for installation? I have at least 180 GB in my space.

Thanks,
Ramanish

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 3:54:06 AM UTC-5, Matthias Krack wrote:

Hi Ramanish

You have run out of disk space during the installation obviously, since the disk quota assigned to you is exhausted. You will either have to request an increase of your disk quota or to clean up your disk by deleting or archiving files. That’s not a cp2k specific issue.

HTH

Matthias

Hello, I am trying to install CP2K on a cluster.

I downloaded the software from GitHub and after that I am executing this command:

> ./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --install-all

However, this is giving me an error message:

tar: valgrind-3.14.0/memcheck/tests/solaris/door_data.stdout.exp: Cannot open: Disk quota exceeded

tar: valgrind-3.14.0/memcheck/tests/solaris/scalar_shm_new.c: Cannot open: Disk quota exceeded

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Ramanish

Alfio Lazzaro

May 28, 2019, 8:35:39 AM5/28/19
to cp2k
Likely you don't need Valgrind, so you can switch it off.

It should be (I'm not sure)

--with-valgrind=no

Alfio

Krack Matthias (PSI)

May 28, 2019, 8:55:47 AM5/28/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ramanish

My cp2k toolchain installation folder consumes less than 20GB after a successful installation of all tools. That might blow up intermediately, but 180 GB should be sufficient if available.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cp2k.

JULITA INCA CHIROQUE

May 28, 2019, 11:42:49 AM5/28/19
to cp2k
Hello guys,

I have installed CP2K in two clusters so far:

1. With the option install-all, I have 23G
2. With the minimal version, I have 4.5GB

Cheers,
Julita

Ramanish Singh

May 28, 2019, 2:39:34 PM5/28/19
to cp2k
Thanks Alfio, Matthias and Julita.

The problem was with the number of files my group had on the cluster.
After removing some files, the installation got completed.

Cheers,
Ramanish