Calculate Ar-MoS2 potential energy

toto Qian

Jan 2, 2020, 7:56:48 AM1/2/20
to cp2k
Dear cp2k developers and users,

I am trying to calculate Ar-MoS2(2D) potential energy (= Energy_Ar&MoS2 - Energy_Ar - Energy_MoS2), while the potential energy trend is not smooth, Fig. How can I solve it? Or is it just normal?
I used def2-TZVP, DFTD3, and pseudopotential for Mo atom. The SCF convergence set is: EPS_SCF 1.0E-7 and OUTER_SCF EPS_SCF 2.0E-7

QQ截图20200102204426.jpg

Happy new Decade.

Message has been deleted

toto Qian

Jan 2, 2020, 8:12:38 PM1/2/20
to cp2k
This is my input file.
ArMoS2.inp

Thomas Kühne

Jan 4, 2020, 11:41:02 AM1/4/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Toto Qian,

you may try tightening EPS_DEFAULT. Also please make sure
that your SCF has always properly converged MAX_SCF of the
innrer loop appears a little bit low to me in particular if you are
using different EPS_SCF values (there is not much reason to
do so anyhow).

Cheers,
Thomas

Am 02.01.2020 um 13:56 schrieb toto Qian <qjh103...@gmail.com>:

Dear cp2k developers and users,

I am trying to calculate Ar-MoS2(2D) potential energy (= Energy_Ar&MoS2 - Energy_Ar - Energy_MoS2), while the potential energy trend is not smooth, Fig. How can I solve it? Or is it just normal?
I used def2-TZVP, DFTD3, and pseudopotential for Mo atom. The SCF convergence set is: EPS_SCF 1.0E-7 and OUTER_SCF EPS_SCF 2.0E-7

<QQ截图20200102204426.jpg>

Happy new Decade.

<QQ截图20200102204426.jpg>

==============================
Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter
Chair of Theoretical Chemistry
University of Paderborn
Warburger Str. 100
D-33098 Paderborn
Germany

toto Qian

Jan 5, 2020, 8:18:29 PM1/5/20
to cp2k
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tightened  EPS_DEFAULT from 1E-10 to 1E-14 and the distance-potential trend is smooth now!  The MAX_SCF is enough for my calculations. So I did not modify it.

Best Regards,
Toto Qian

在 2020年1月5日星期日 UTC+8上午12:41:02,tkuehne写道:
[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/e6591a41-8d78-4602-a965-fea4112abf54%40googlegroups.com.
<QQ截图20200102204426.jpg>