Constraining C-H bonds

Abdullah Bin Faheem

Mar 7, 2020, 5:32:11 AM3/7/20
to cp2k
Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to run a simulation of 60 Acetonitrile molecules. As I want to constraint all C-H bonds I used the "&HBOND" command but the bond length still fluctuates between 1.08 and 1.11 A (Target: 1.0873). Is this not the right way?

I have attached my input file.

Best Regards,
Abdullah

an.inp

Dawid das

Mar 7, 2020, 8:21:14 AM3/7/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I simply use
&HBONDS
&END HBONDS
entry and this is enough. What are the atoms names/types that you use?

Best wishes,
Dawid Grabarek

Abdullah Bin Faheem

Mar 7, 2020, 5:00:28 PM3/7/20
to cp2k
I use "C" for Carbon, "H" for hydrogen, "N" for nitrogen in the xyz coordinate file.

Best regards,
Abdullah

sob., 7 mar 2020 o 11:32 Abdullah Bin Faheem <abdullahb...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to run a simulation of 60 Acetonitrile molecules. As I want to constraint all C-H bonds I used the "&HBOND" command but the bond length still fluctuates between 1.08 and 1.11 A (Target: 1.0873). Is this not the right way?

I have attached my input file.

Best Regards,
Abdullah

Message has been deleted