CELL_OPT with non-cubic supercell

nat zip

Oct 11, 2023, 11:21:33 AM10/11/23
to cp2k
Dear CP2K users,

I am trying to perform a CELL_OPT with a SnCl2 crystal. When I set the unit cell size to 2x2x2, the calculation converges. However, when I set the cell size to 2x2x3, it does not converge properly. Attached are the input and output.

Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 0 on node DESKTOP-KID6RNJ exited on signal 9 (Killed).

Thank you,
Kyle
2310517_opt.out
2310517_opt.inp
2310517_opt3.out
2310517_opt3.inp

Krack Matthias

Oct 12, 2023, 5:10:43 AM10/12/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kyle

I cannot reproduce the error you are observing. So, the problem is most likely due to your local setup/environment or cp2k binary.

Best

Matthias

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/b1de054e-eb45-4a3e-bcd4-e31ecb990db9n%40googlegroups.com.

nat zip

Oct 23, 2023, 9:29:40 AM10/23/23
to cp2k
Thank you for looking at this problem Matthias. I installed a local version and performed other tasks successfully but this error still occurs on the third SCF step. For now, working with cubic supercells will suffice.

Regards,
Kyle