Problems with SCCS and non-periodic boundary conditions

Abdullah Bin Faheem

May 8, 2020, 2:26:39 AM5/8/20
to cp2k
Greetings everyone,

I intend to run AIMD of two molecules (polymer with another molecule) with the SCCS implicit model and non-periodic boundary conditions. I used the implicit solvent model as studying solute-solvent interactions are not important for my study.

However, when I do I've noticed that around 50 fs, the ends of a polymer molecule begin to distort unnaturally. When trying the same system with periodic boundary conditions, no such distorting was observed. Does that mean that the non-periodic boundary condition does not work well with the SCCS model?

I have attached the input and output files for all cases. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Best Regards
Abdullah Bin Faheem
Periodic with SCCS.rar
Non-Periodic with no SCCS.rar
Non-Periodic with SCCS.rar

Krack Matthias (PSI)

May 8, 2020, 4:50:54 AM5/8/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Abdullah Bin Faheem

yes, the SCCS implementation in CP2K requires periodic boundary conditions in agreement to your observation.

Best regards

Matthias

Abdullah Bin Faheem