TDDFPT excitation analysis problem

Mohammad Shakiba

Jun 24, 2020, 8:21:46 AM6/24/20
to cp2k
Hello everyone,

I ran TDDFPT calculations for (CdSe)33 QDs. The problem is that the excited state energy for two considered excited states are the same in excitation analysis and also their excitation coefficient amplitudes are the same. Is it correct or an error?

Thanks in advance.

Matt W

Jun 29, 2020, 9:25:00 AM6/29/20
to cp2k
Impossible to say from the information you give us. If the system has symmetry then two states could well have the same energies.

Sun Peng

Jul 29, 2020, 8:34:52 AM7/29/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Mohammad.
Can we directly use cp2k software to calculate the basic and excited states, then  obtaining Absorption spectroscopy without the help of NWCHEM? Can you deliver some helpful manuals to do this?Thank you!

祝您天天开心如意!
孙鹏 博士
暨南大学 物理学系
广东省广州市天河区黄埔大道西601号  510632

Your sincerely
Peng Sun, Ph.D.
DEPT OF PHYSICS, JINAN UNIVERSITY, CHINA
ADD: 601 HUANGPU AVE W, GUANGZHOU 510632, CHINA
PHONE:  +86-15913131189