the size of supercelll

Moon Yue

Sep 25, 2023, 3:14:45 AM9/25/23
to cp2k
hello, everyone.
I'm confused with the question of supercell size.
As you know, supercell of small size will make the result incorrect in CP2K.
So how to decide the "smallest size" ?
Is there any judgment criteria?

Yue Qiang

Vahiya Mitanshu

Sep 25, 2023, 4:15:26 AM9/25/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yue Qiang,
According to me the distance between the two atoms has to be greater than 0.5 angstrom. Because i have encountered the waring like distance between two atoms is less than 0.5 angstrom. So from my point of view the system has to be arranged in such a manner that the distance between two atoms be greater than 0.5 angstrom.

Mitanshu Vahiya