Install cp2k in Ubuntu.

Jiayu Sun SLE

Jun 8, 2020, 1:44:29 AM6/8/20
to cp2k
Hi everyone,

I am a fresher in cp2k, I have a question that, as the newest version of Ubuntu and cp2k launched, the installation of cp2k is quite easier than other methods.

In the Ubuntu terminal, one row commends: " sudo get-apt install cp2k" can finish the installation.

Am I right? I am not sure it is so much simple than other methods, feel like nor real or I miss some part.

Please give me some hints.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely
SUN

Fabian Ducry

Jun 9, 2020, 3:34:07 AM6/9/20
to cp2k
Hi,

This will install an old version of cp2k. Go to https://www.cp2k.org/download, click on UBUNTU and download the package from this page.

Fabian

Jiayu Sun

Jun 9, 2020, 9:14:14 AM6/9/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fabian

Thank you so much for your help
Sincerely

Sun

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 20/06/09 22:13:00

Fabian Ducry <fabia...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月9日周二 下午4:34写道:

Anton S. Lytvynenko

Jun 9, 2020, 11:16:53 AM6/9/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Fabian,

it seems to me that this way leads to the old packages as well. Do I completely miss something?

Yours,

Anton

09.06.20 10:34, Fabian Ducry пише:

Fabian Ducry

Jun 9, 2020, 12:25:06 PM6/9/20
to cp2k
There you can download cp2k-6.1 which is newer than the 2.1 you get from "get-apt install cp2k".
You can also install Debian packages, there a 7.1 package is available.

Fabian

On Monday, 8 June 2020 07:44:29 UTC+2, Jiayu Sun SLE wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am a fresher in cp2k, I have a question that, as the newest version of Ubuntu and cp2k launched, the installation of cp2k is quite easier than other methods.

In the Ubuntu terminal, one row commends: " sudo get-apt install cp2k" can finish the installation.

Am I right? I am not sure it is so much simple than other methods, feel like nor real or I miss some part.

Please give me some hints.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely
SUN

Anton S. Lytvynenko

Jun 10, 2020, 5:00:34 AM6/10/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Fabian,

indeed, it looks like Mint 19 offers CP2K 5.1 from repositories. Thank you for the suggestion.

(I prefer building from scratch for the sake of performance, but hope this knowledge will help somebody anyway).

Yours,

Anton

09.06.20 19:25, Fabian Ducry пише:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/737c14ef-8c5d-43b3-8582-508fee1a69d8o%40googlegroups.com.

Michael Banck

Jun 10, 2020, 5:06:44 AM6/10/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 09:25:06AM -0700, Fabian Ducry wrote:
> There you can download cp2k-6.1 which is newer than the 2.1 you get from
> "get-apt install cp2k".

If you "apt-get install cp2k", you get the cp2k version for you Ubuntu
version; I am not aware of any recent Ubuntu version shipping cp2k-2.1,
but maybe that was a typo.

You can try to manually install other versions on your Ubuntu install,
but those are compiled for newer Ubuntu versions, so might not work.

There are no backports of current cp2k packages for older Ubuntu LTS or
Debian stable versions right now, and at least I don't have the time to
do that in some manual fashion.

> You can also install Debian packages, there a 7.1 package is available.

Yeah, that's a work-in-(long-)progress due to the libxc transition and
only available for experimental. I need to get back to this.

Michael

Jiayu Sun SLE

Jun 10, 2020, 11:06:39 PM6/10/20
to cp2k
Dear Michael

Thank you for your reply for the installation.
I have tried compiled the cp2k 7.1 version from toolchain script, the *sh file, and using the OpenBLAS 0.3.6, the error message are listed below:

==================== Installing OpenBLAS ====================
OpenBLAS-0.3.6.tar.gz is found
Installing from scratch into /home/jiayusun/Downloads/cp2k-7.1/tools/toolchain/install/openblas-0.3.6
patching file kernel/x86_64/KERNEL.SKYLAKEX
ERROR: (/home/jiayusun/Downloads/cp2k-7.1/tools/toolchain/scripts/install_openblas.sh, line 72) Non-zero exit code detected.
ERROR: (./scripts/install_mathlibs.sh, line 34) Non-zero exit code detected.

How can I do this in this case?
What the meaning of this sentence: "Non-zero exit code detected." When I compile other packages, this error occurs again, almost all the packages are facing the same questions.

Thank you for your help or advice.

Sincerely

在 2020年6月10日星期三 UTC+9下午6:06:44,Michael写道: