regtest cannot find libint, libxc, fftw3

Jerry Tanoury

Nov 12, 2019, 4:35:45 PM11/12/19
to cp2k
Dear Forum,
I have run into a problem with regtest when testing a dev version of 7.x.  I built the code using the attached arch file and it proceeded without error.  However, when I run regtest ('tools/regtest/do_regtest -arch intel -version popt -nosvn -maxtasks 4'), the initial output indicates that numerous tests are not being run because of missing dependencies: libint, libxc, fftw3.  I'm not sure if this is a permissions issue with the executable (checking with my HPC admin on this), or it is something else.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Jerry
intel.popt

Tiziano Müller

Nov 13, 2019, 9:07:29 AM11/13/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry,

the regtest-script checks the capabilities of CP2K by evaluating the
output of `<your-cp2k-executable> --version`. Guessing from your arch/
file your CP2K should be using fftw/libint/libxc, but you might want to
check it manually.

Please remove the `-nosvn` as indicated by the warning.

Sharing the full build/test log might give us some more insight.

Best regards,
Tiziano

--
Tiziano Müller
University of Zurich

Tel: +41 44 63 54234
www.chem.uzh.ch
tiziano...@chem.uzh.ch

Jerry Tanoury

Nov 14, 2019, 1:27:16 PM11/14/19
to cp2k
Hi Tiziano,
I have attached the output from make (make.out) and regtest (test.out).  I built the most recent development version from git, using Intel 2019.3 compilers and MKLs. When I `<my-cp2k-executable> --version`, the terminal hangs and nothing is printed.  When I do this with v5.1 (built with Intel 2017 update 5 and corresponding MKLs), I get the expected output:

CP2K version 5.1
 SVN source code revision svn:18091
 cp2kflags: libint fftw3 libxc parallel mpi3 scalapack xsmm libderiv_max_am1=6 libint_max_am=7

Thank you for the help,
Jerry
make.out
test.out

Jerry Tanoury

Nov 16, 2019, 3:43:15 PM11/16/19
to cp2k
Hi again Tiziano,
The issue I was having was with Intel 19.0.3 compilers.  I rebuilt CP2K 7.0 and dependencies with Intel 18.0.5 and everything worked as expected.

Jerry