Error: CPASSERT failed

Lucas Bandeira

May 9, 2021, 5:01:57 PM5/9/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear cp2k group,

I am trying to optimize a Cu structure using cp2k interfaced with ASE, but after the first SCF the calculations are interrupted, and the following message is printed:

CPASSERT failed

Could somebody help me to solve this error?

Attached are the ASE file that I am using, the cp2k input file that ASE generates, and the output file.

Yours faithfully,

Lucas Bandeira
Cu111_450Ry_OPT_8x8x8.inp
cp2k_ase_OPT.py
Cu111_450Ry_OPT_8x8x8.out

Krack Matthias (PSI)

May 10, 2021, 4:40:41 AM5/10/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lucas

The extrapolation method USE_PREV_P is not available with k points in CP2K v6.1. Either you use the latest CP2K release (or the trunk version) or you switch to USE_GUESS as extrapolation method.

HTH

Matthias

Lucas Bandeira

May 12, 2021, 9:51:23 AM5/12/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Matthias.

But it only holds for cell or geometry optimization? Because so far I have performed SCF calculations using both k-points and USE_PREV_P as extrapolation method, and it worked pretty well.