using .cif

Teodora Kirova

Aug 4, 2023, 4:49:28 AM8/4/23
to cp2k
Hi all, I am new to cp2k and have some questions.
I am trying to use TOPOLOGY with a .cif file, which I got from the materials project.
However the running process is aborted  ( see attachment). How can I fix that?
Thanks!
Screenshot from 2023-08-04 10-57-49.png

captain mus

Aug 4, 2023, 5:00:35 AM8/4/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teodore

You can try to use Cartesian coordinate (i.e., xyz), what you have to do is to transform the cif file to xyz using VESTA or Avogadro. Hope it help

Best
Saleh

Jürg Hutter

Aug 4, 2023, 5:03:37 AM8/4/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

there should be more information in your output file that points to the source of the error.

regards
JH

Aug 4, 2023, 5:15:50 AM8/4/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saleh and Jürg,
thank you for the fast replies, I will try your suggestions!
Teodora

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cp2k" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/CAPD_w6x4UAtE0mSkZ7COw-Wgs8jZ0fHVFORF%2ByTyxFXRWeASjA%40mail.gmail.com.

Teodora Kirova

Aug 7, 2023, 5:33:32 AM8/7/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
The output file gives a message: "CPASSERT failed", which as far as I understand could mean anything.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cp2k" group.

captain mus

Aug 7, 2023, 5:41:05 AM8/7/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Theo

I think it is best if you provide more specific detail regarding what are you trying to do, what is your input, what is the thing you have done, and what is the  return output so perhaps the discussion can start smoothly. I recommend you to check this documentation,

https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT.html

Best
MuS

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/CAKs_Pi%3D0HjpsyR89Mp3WOtzjq6gohEHtfo%3D96HRQEEtZcVR41g%40mail.gmail.com.