How to view .xyz file in VMD

vasanth kumar

Oct 5, 2019, 2:34:48 AM10/5/19
to cp2k
Hi
I am trying to view .xyz file via VMD, but it is displaying line to line error by displaying total data which is in inout file.
How to set VMD to CP2K?

Thank you

Message has been deleted

vasanth kumar

Oct 5, 2019, 9:05:35 AM10/5/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Travis

Thank you for reply.

When I opened .xyz file, No molecule is seen. Pl check attached file and attaching .xyz file also

On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 18:22, Travis <polla...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

All dumped xyz files are in standard XMOL format and so are directly viewable in VMD. You need to load the foo-pos-1.xyz file to view the trajectory, not your output/log file.

-T

With Regards

Dr. V. Vasantha Kumar
Assoc. Prof. of Physics
Vignan Institute of Technology and Science
Hyderabad.
Mob:9959363113
screenshot.png
H2O-pos-1.xyz

Nikhil Maroli

Oct 5, 2019, 10:19:57 AM10/5/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Problem is with your VMD, the xyz file is working fine

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/CAJeL8MY-NTfkykaj3-5%3D88aJffXehQ_qt3cA7ZjTd7TemSHuYg%40mail.gmail.com.

Nikhil Maroli

Message has been deleted

vasanth kumar

Oct 5, 2019, 10:54:22 AM10/5/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nikhil

Thank you. I loaded .xyz file and now able to see molecule.

On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 20:01, Travis <polla...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I don't have any issues either. Vasantha, I'm not familiar with the way you're loading the XYZ file. The output from VMD suggests you're reading it from a plugin, try loading the XYZ first.

Info) Dynamically loaded 75 plugins in directory:
Info) C:/Program Files (x86)/University of Illinois/VMD/plugins/WIN32/molfile
Info) File loading in progress, please wait.
Info) Using plugin xyz for structure file C:\Users\koschey\Downloads\H2O-pos-1.xyz
Info) Using plugin xyz for coordinates from file C:\Users\koschey\Downloads\H2O-pos-1.xyz
Info) Determining bond structure from distance search ...
Info) Finished with coordinate file C:\Users\koschey\Downloads\H2O-pos-1.xyz.
Info) Analyzing structure ...
Info)    Atoms: 3
Info)    Bonds: 2
Info)    Angles: 0  Dihedrals: 0  Impropers: 0  Cross-terms: 0
Info)    Bondtypes: 0  Angletypes: 0  Dihedraltypes: 0  Impropertypes: 0
Info)    Residues: 1
Info)    Waters: 0
Info)    Segments: 1
Info)    Fragments: 1   Protein: 0   Nucleic: 0
vmd >

-T