dft_plus_U Lowdin for geo_opt

pavan kumar behara

Feb 21, 2020, 3:05:19 PM2/21/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hello CP2K developers/users,

This might be a naive question, since the forces are not implemented for Lowdin method of dft_plus_U is it still okay to use for geometry optimization? I know it is a no-go for molecular dynamics.

Best regards,
Pavan.

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Feb 22, 2020, 9:57:15 AM2/22/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pavan

A geometry optimization requires correct forces and thus it is a no-go as well.

Best regards

Matthias

pavan kumar behara