Fwd: Pt system heating up

Jonathan Torstensen

Nov 6, 2023, 3:23:46 AM11/6/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jonathan Torstensen <jona...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 at 09:19
Subject: Pt system heating up
To: <cp...@googlegroups.com>

Dear all,

Can you explain to me why this system is heating up?

I stopped the simulation at about 275 K, but from previous experiences it wil reach >1000 K eventually?

I need it to become stable so I can simulate the next part, Pt-water interactions.

Best, Jonathan

Pt.xyz
PtMD.inp
PtMD-1.ener
PtMD-pos-1.pdb

Krack Matthias

Nov 6, 2023, 4:58:04 AM11/6/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi

The evolution of the (Pot.) energies in your .ener file indicates that the wavefunction optimizations start to fail quickly most likely because you try to run (converge) a metallic system without any SMEARing. A sub-atto-second MD time step does not help here.

HTH

Matthias

Jonathan Torstensen

Nov 6, 2023, 5:01:29 AM11/6/23